4th June 2013
Impressive numbers from WordPress.com: 827 terabytes of data, 400.000 new users, 7 million logins, 1 billion of pageviews.
In March we brought you P2, an awesome theme perfect for short-form and group blogging, made with love by Automatticians. Next, version 1.21 of the WordPress for iPhone apphit the iTunes Store. To wrap up the month, we celebrated the opening of our new Automattic office space in SOMA. It turned out to be a pretty fantastic party. See if you can spot the point where we ran out of cups.
Here are the stats for March (with no April fooling):
- 389,819 blogs were created.
- 423,744 new users joined.
- 5,302,257 file uploads.
- 2,993 gigabytes of new files.
- 827 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 8,870,409 comments.
- 7,383,209 logins.
- 1,191,390,256 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 1,118,107,804 on self-hosted blogs (2,309,498,060 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,111,892 active blogs and 21,014,074 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 1,456,062,555 words.